Tasmanians can once again enjoy their favourite parks and reserves this long weekend, with Stage 2 restrictions to ease from 3pm Friday, 5 June.
The easing of restrictions will mean of Tassie's parks and reserves are once again open to all Tasmanians, with the 30km travel limit no longer in place.
Camping in the state's stunning parks and reserves is a much-loved part of the Tasmanian way of life however some campgrounds need to be booked so visit the Parks and Wildlife Service website for information on this.
People who intend to camp should continue to adhere to physical distancing standards and Public Health regulations. Campers are also advised to bring their own toilet paper, soap and hand sanitiser.
So, what does this announcement mean?
- You can walk in parks and reserves across the state (the 30km restriction has been lifted)
- Gathering for picnics or other recreational activities is now allowed, subject to limits on group sizes for different activities (maximum group size is 20 persons at a time for an outdoor gathering).
- Camping is allowed at parks and reserves with some exceptions to enable additional planning and preparation. Camping will reopen on the Overland Track, Frenchmans Cap, and Walls of Jerusalem on 15 June. An announcement on how this will be managed will be made over the next few days.
- Three Capes Track associated with the multi-day Three Capes experience and Maria Island will reopen on 15 June.
- Access at Cradle Mountain is limited with Dove Lake Road closed to all vehicle traffic. The shuttle bus to Dove Lake will resume on 15 June.
- Ben Lomond remains closed at the park boundary at the base of Jacobs Ladder. Access to the plateau will resume on 15 June.
- Check the PWS website for a detailed list of which campgrounds are not open.
- If campgrounds and car parks are full, please move on and return at another time
- Physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres between each other must be adhered to
- All visitor centres and remaining campgrounds will reopen to the public on 15 June.
More info click here.