If you're looking for a new podcast we have a great one for you!
The Mountain People Podcast celebrates the love for the mountains and presents exceptional mountain personalities.
The first episode features Julia Virat, one of a handful of French women to become a Chamonix High Mountain Guide.
She shares how she broke through barriers into an elite and male dominated world, and about her adventures, on skis, in a yacht, and on the world’s biggest rock walls.
She relives the drama of getting lost on Yosemite’s 3,000 foot El Capitan. Solo. In the dark. And admits, that in this case, her mum had the best advice.
The following episodes of season 1 will feature:
- Nasim Eshqi, former Iranian kickboxing champion and elite rock climber
- Canadian climber Bronwyn Hodgins, who freeclimbed the iconic route "Golden Gate" at El Capitan earlier this year
- Women's Trad Festival organisers Hetty Key and Charlie Low
- professional climber Angus Kille (North Wales)
- Kev Shields, a Scottish based all-round climber, well known for his solo climbing of routes up to E7 and M10+, all done with one hand and epilepsy.
The Podcast is presented by our good friends at Rab and Lowe Alpine and we're sure you'll get plenty of inspiration from the shows.