Wilderness Photographer of the Year 2021 - Terms And Conditions
1. Great Walks Wilderness Photographer of the Year is open to Australian citizens and Australian residents only. For the purposes of this competition, a resident is defined as a person who has lived in Australia for at least six months at the time of entering this competition. To be eligible to receive a prize you must have an Australian mailing address.
2. An entrant may enter more than one category. Multiple entries within a category are also permitted.
3. Employees of Yaffa Media Pty Ltd and the sponsors of Wilderness Photographer of the Year 2021 are not permitted to enter the competition.
4. Freelance writers/photographers who have been paid to contribute to Great Walks since 1 July 2020 are not permitted to enter the competition.
5. Entrants retain copyright of their images. By entering the competition, entrants provide Great Walks a limited-use authorisation to distribute and publish entered photos for the sole purpose of promoting Great Walks Wilderness Photographer of the Year. Images will be credited with the name of the photographer when used in any publicity for the competition.
6. The entrant must be the creator and copyright owner of any images entered into the competition.
7. Images should not include watermarks or other branding. The competition organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry with a watermark or other branding.
8. Images must be free of superimposed watermarks, text or branding. Images with superimposed watermarks, text or branding may be disqualified.
9. All elements must have been photographed by the entrant and images submitted must be 100% photographic in origin. The use of stock images or clip art is forbidden.
10. In post-production you can adjust 'photographic' variables such as exposure, contrast, colour, noise and sharpness. Lens and perspective corrections, cropping and black-and-white conversions are also allowed. Composite images are not allowed, with the exception of stitched panoramas, focus stacks and HDR images (where the camera captures several exposures from the same tripod location and those exposures are merged to form a single image). Cloning to remove distractions or add elements to the image is not allowed. Competition organisers reserve the right to disqualify an image if they feel it lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
11. The organisers reserve the right to request original unedited image files including RAW files.
12. All post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
13. For the purposes of this competition, Wilderness is defined as a natural environment that has not been significantly modified by human activity. However, images that show the effects of human impact on the environment are eligible for the competition, in the context of illustrating the fragility or resilience of the natural world.
14. There are two categories in Wilderness Photographer of the Year: People and Places. Images in the People category should include one or more people in the frame. Images in the Places category should not include people in the frame.
15. Entries will be shortlisted by the staff of Great Walks.
16. A panel of professional photographers and industry experts will judge the shortlisted entries and vote to determine a winner in each category. The overall winner will be selected from the two category winners.
17. Judges' decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
18. Product prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, the competition organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification.
19. The competition organiser takes no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
ACTIVE ADVENTURES PRIZE
20. The winner of the People category will win an Active Adventures Milford Sound Escape for one person in New Zealand. (Two days, starting and finishing in Queenstown.) Includes one night's accommodation at Milford Sound Lodge and meals (dinner x1, lunch x2, and breakfast x1). Active Adventures' Milford Sound Escape is valued at $1899. This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The winner will also get $1,000 AUD to put towards airfares and accommodation. The total prize value is $2,899. Active Adventures reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification. The prize must be used in 2022.
LIFE'S AN ADVENTURE PRIZE
21. The overall winner of the competition will win a Life's An Adventure 3-day pack-free walking trip for two people to Three Capes, Tasmania. This prize includes return flights to Hobart from the nearest Australian capital city airport, accommodation for two nights, and meals (dinner x2, lunch x3, breakfast x2). The prize is valued at $5,000. This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Life's an Adventure reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification. The prize must be used in 2022.
OXFAM TRAILWALKER PRIZE
22. The winner of the Places category will win a free team registration for the Oxfam Trailwalker in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide in 2022. The prize is valued at $796 and includes registration only. This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Oxfam Trailwalker reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value or specification. The prize must be used in 2022.
23. Entries close Sunday 5 September 2021 (11:59pm, AEDT). No responsibility is accepted for late, delayed, or misdirected entries.
24. Entry fees are non-refundable.
25. The entrant indemnifies Yaffa Media Pty Ltd (ABN 54 002 699 354) against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the images.
26. Yaffa Media Pty Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
27. By entering this competition, the entrant guarantees to Yaffa Media Pty. Ltd. that all of the above Terms and Conditions have been met. Any entry found to breach the Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and all prize money and product prizes must be returned to Yaffa Media Pty Ltd.