Walk the Ikara-Flinders Ranges, at Australia's most accessible outback destination – Arkaba - with over 60,000 acres to explore.
The Arkaba Walk is an exclusive opportunity to brave the wilds of the Ikara-Flinders Ranges and Wilpena Pound by foot, over four nights and five days, disconnecting from the everyday and re-wilding on this private 60-000-acre wildlife conservancy.
One of the Great Walks of Australia, experience the sights, sounds, scale and space of outback Australia in a style that is exclusive and authentic.
They bring together a team of skilled, passionate field guides to host your walking adventure, and pair the experience with a few key creature comforts for an immersive bush experience to remember.
Sleep under the stars in signature swags at two exclusive bush camps. Combined with a night pre and post walk at the more luxurious Arkaba Homestead dating back to 1856, a classic Flinders Ranges building, with thick stone walls and deep shady verandahs.
Arkaba offers some of Australia’s most spectacular outback scenery. Experience a breathtakingly-beautiful wilderness region and its prolific wildlife and birdlife: emus, kangaroos, the rare yellow-footed wallaby and western quoll, echidnas, dingos, parrots, galahs, a variety of kites, eagles and falcons, and much more.
See and hear the results of active conservation and witness an environment in recovery.
- Hosted experience with expert field guides
- Small walking group, with a maximum of ten walkers
- Accommodation combining signature swag bush camps, and a stay at historic, Arkaba Homestead, a Luxury Lodges of Australia property
- Bush camp bathrooms including showers overlooking the ranges and composting toilets
- Fully inclusive experience. We take care of all of the fine details including starlit dinners best enjoyed with a glass of the local vintage under a starry outback sky
Need to know
The Arkaba Walk runs from March to October. With a limited number of walking spots each year, reserve your position to experience the quintessentially Australian beauty of the Ikara-Flinders Ranges. Web: arkabawalk.com Email: email@example.com Tel: 1300 997 321 / 02 9030 6312