Adventure Kokoda is a trekking company specialising in 8-10 day guided walks along the PNG's infamous Kokoda Trail.
The company's founder Charlie Lynn has led more than 90 expeditions across the Kokoda Trail over the past 26 years.
He previously served in the Australian Army for 21 years. During this time he saw active service in Vietnam; was assigned to the joint Australian, New Zealand and British (ANZUK) Force in Singapore/ Malaysia from 1970-72, and as an exchange instructor in Airborne Logistics with the United States Army from 1977-78. He is a graduate of the Army Command and Staff College.
Seven highlights of Adventure Kokoda
- They follow the entire 138 km of the original wartime trail.
- The wartime historical knowledge of trek trek leaders is excellent.
- They conduct a formal commemorative Dawn Service at the Isurava War Memorial.
- They are the only trekking company to explore the extensive grassland plateaus of Lake Myola 1 and 2, to visit historic wartime sites including the US Army P40 Kittyhawk fighter plane that crashed on the northern edge of the big lake.
- They provide hearty cooked meals (courtesy of their trek catering crew) - and fly in fresh resupplies to our Bombers Campsite half-way along the trail.
- They provide a roomy mosquito proof tent for each of our individual trekkers.
- They provide a lot philanthropic support to villagers along the trail via the Network Kokoda Not-for-Profit company they established.
Click here for a brief history on the Kokoda campaign.
And check out this great little Youtube clip.